About the Company
Black Health Matters is a trusted health company that offers digital, social and community engagement programs that reach consumers, patients and medical practitioners. Launched in 2012, Black Health Matters features a suite of customized marketing solutions that access a health-interested audience via national, regional and local programs and events.
Black Health Matters (BHM) is a leading provider of digital health and wellness solutions for African American consumers and patients. BHM delivers a highly personalized content experience drawing from touch-points of the African American experience that empower and drive compliance. BHM content solutions and engagement education programs (consumer or physician) are delivered through multiple channels, including desktop, mobile, tablet, video, social media and experiential events (i.e. Town Hall Meetings, Health Fairs, Faith Based initiatives and Non-CME Workshops).
About This Role
Black Health Matters is looking for an Event Project Manager to join our growing team. This position is fully remote, with occasional opportunities to attend or participate in live events and programs.
This position provides the opportunity to be part of an impactful team that works to educate and improve health literacy within the Black community.
This is an internship position but can be/become permanent for qualifying applicants
The Event Project Manager must have the following skills:
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to transform a client’s thoughts into reality
- Possess planning, managing, and coordinating skills
- Must be a listener and possess deep thinking capacity
- Should possess good communication and negotiating skills
- Able to display a high level of creativity
- Ability to engage in multitasking effectively
- Ability to work well under intense pressure
- Should be able to work with a team and independently too
- Must show strong project management skills
- Must possess computer skills. He/she should be able to use Microsoft Word to make quotations for clients and PowerPoint for presentations
- Ability to use the Internet in sending and receiving e-mails and be able to use instant messaging apps such as WhatsApp.
- In-depth knowledge of social media
- Should be able to show leadership skills as a team leader
- Possess strong ability to take initiatives
- Be able to make budgets for events
- Must have an eye for detail
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be very decisive at all times.
Managers will be expected to travel to key markets to manage programs with our team.