Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably’s Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better’s rotational analyst program is designed to provide talented college graduates with the tools they will need to succeed in the fast paced, results focused, tech driven, collaborative work environment of today. Participants in the year long analyst program will be assigned to a home division as soon as they are hired. While working on projects integral to the continued growth of the company and being compensated as full-time employees, the analysts will take 4 months of classes in financial modeling, basic coding, financial markets and data analytics. As a financial services company, in addition to mortgage operations, we have capital markets, finance, marketing, strategic planning, engineering, product, legal, compliance, recruiting, HR and affiliated business functions. Those functions are divided into corporate, tech and mortgage operations divisions. Upon completion of the course series, analysts will rotate through Better’s three divisions, giving them an opportunity to learn key aspects of each part of our business. At the end of the rotation, each analyst will match with the division team that most suits their interests and skill set. The goal is to provide our analysts with the tools necessary to not just succeed, but excel.
- Detail oriented/methodical
- Solid analytical foundation, able to use data to drive decision making
- Some coding knowledge (Python and SQL)
- Interest in economic markets and technology
- Strategic thinking, complex problem solving and analytical capabilities
- A degree in Computer Science or related field
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.