Location: East Otis, Massachusetts
Compensation: Commensurate based on experience
Dates: Approximately June to August
Benefits: Travel stipend, comfortable housing, healthy meals, access to camp facilities
Camp Description: The Berkshire Soccer Academy is a private overnight soccer camp for girls. We offer an elite training experience for girls, ages 8-17, in a traditional camp setting on a private lake in the Berkshires.
Scope of Work: Respond to the mental, emotional and social needs of campers and staff. Train staff on recognizing mental health issues that should be handled by others and on how to refer those issues. Assist nurses in evaluating mental health related questions and addressing mental health issues. Counsel campers and staff. Communicate, as necessary, with parents. When not providing mental health related services, the employee will engage in activities alongside campers and assist with activities as needed. A typical day may begin as early as 7:00AM and end as late as 10:00PM. Position includes 1 day off for every 6 working days and regularly scheduled breaks throughout the day.
- Academic background in counseling, child development or related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with youth and/or conflict resolution or counseling.
- Ability to work both independently and alongside camp’s leadership team
- Previous camp experience is a plus.
· Trustworthiness and a record of following-through with commitments.
· Communicates honestly, clearly, and calmly in personal and professional settings.
· Committment to the health: physical, psychological and social, and to the safety and well-being of our campers and staff.
· Models healthy habits and safe behavior.
· Enjoys working with children, and wants to help develop staff.
· Communicates clearly and effectively with others.
· Ability to provide 1-on-1 and group guidance to staff and campers.
· A focus on integrity, patience, adaptability, enthusiasm, and a commitment to serve youth.
· Able to maintain organized work notes.
· Proven success working within a team, meeting deadlines, being punctual, and collaborating with others.
· Proven experience as a positive role model to children and peers.
· Demonstrates optimism and flexibility in the face of adversity.
· Enjoys and benefits from constructive feedback.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-326-9219