Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking business and supply chain students for paid, full-time, extended Business/Supply Chain Internships. Our 2022 Intern class will begin work in our Monroeville, Pennsylvania, office in January of 2022, working 24 to 40 hours per week based on class schedules, and transition to full-time (40 hours/week) from June through August of 2022 when they return to school.
Are you currently a college sophomore studying business or supply chain management? If you’re interested in gaining valuable career training working with industry professionals, consider applying at BPMI! Our internship and co-op program will give you the opportunity to work in your field of study while simultaneously pursuing your bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university. These opportunities can enhance your academic training while teaching critical business skills and allowing you to learn about BPMI, the Navy, and the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program.
What You Can Expect:
Close Mentoring – You will be assigned a unique sponsor for the duration of your BPMI experience. Sponsors will provide guidance as you perform day-to-day efforts, while adding a more in-depth perspective of how the various assignments fit into the overall business. Along with your manager, a sponsor also provides general support and training on BPMI’s business and operations.
Training – You will be provided with learning opportunities across various procurement functions such as procurement planning, budgeting, negotiating, developing and maintaining strong supplier relationships, and contract management.
Shipyard Tour – Our Interns and co-ops visit Newport News Shipbuilding in Virginia for a one-day shipyard tour. This unique and exciting opportunity allows you to see and potentially tour aircraft carriers, submarines, servicing facilities, and other areas of interest. You will gain a better appreciation of the important work BPMI does, and the key role the Navy plays in protecting the interests of the United States of America.
· Team with engineering personnel to perform program management and contract administration for naval nuclear power plant components and servicing equipment.
· Manage supplier relationships, including resolution of non-technical contract issues.
· Act as focal point for company and supplier communications (oral and written).
· Develop budgetary estimates, long range forecasts, and independent cost estimates.
· Develop and recommend acquisition strategies including source selection, performance milestones, determining contract type, and establishing negotiation objectives.
· Issue requests for proposal, analyze supplier proposals, negotiate pricing, and prepare formal business case justifications recommending contract placement.
· Monitor supplier compliance with delivery schedules, payment provisions, applicable laws, and contract data reporting requirements.
· Create, control, and maintain contract files.
· Enter and maintain contract and supplier data within enterprise business systems.
· Participate in or lead special projects such as assessment of the supplier base, program cost reduction initiatives, and company-wide audits.
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Information Systems, Business Administration, Business Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent from an accredited college or university with a minimum of four full semesters completed at time of internship.
- Good oral and writing skills required.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for interns and co-ops.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is a project engineering organization supporting the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. BPMI provides design, manufacturing, and supply chain management of the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of nuclear power plant components installed in submarines and aircraft carriers. In addition, BPMI provides upgraded replacement components in support of refueling and overhaul activities, and aids in the ultimate storage and disposition of spent naval fuel. BPMI also delivers information technology and operational solutions to the Nuclear Navy, enabling them to fulfill their critical mission.
BPMI’s interns are eligible for the following benefits:
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
– 401(k) Plan with company match
– Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Paid holidays
- 9/80 work schedule option
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.