About the program:
- Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
- Timeframe: Length of a semester; however, some may be extended
- Hours: 20-40 hours per week, flexible schedule to accommodate class schedule
- Weekly gatherings with interns, managers, and/or executives
- You will gain valuable, real-world experience that will initiate a smooth transition into your career
- All internship opportunities are paid
- Opportunities typically available in the following areas throughout the year: Product Management, Operations, Marketing, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Actuarial, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, and others.
The new Tend division of Centricity is looking for a self-motivated summer intern to join our team to help prospect, generate, and close sales leads as our entry point into real estate channels to assist our VP of Product Management. If you’re competitive in nature and like to work independently to win new customers and to test-drive a sales career, this internship is perfect for you.
- Identify, prospect and close individual real estate agents to offer Tend to home buyers and sellers.
- May also identify, prospect and close small and mid-size homeowner P&C insurance agents across the country to offer Tend Home to the homeowner customers.
- Set up and send emails to interested prospects and “warm them up” for a sales call.
- Listen and consult with agents as needed to determine needs and to identify any future product opportunities or enhancements for the Tend division of Centricity.
- Track all contacts and next steps to build sales pipeline.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part-time, 20-40 hours per week, flexible schedule to accommodate class schedule.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Student enrolled in a university/college, having completed one full year of study.
- Ability to effectively communicate, learn new products, and balance persistence with reading a prospect.
- High degree of self-motivation, planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Interest in future sales career desired.
- Desire to compete and win, will be helpful.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite and able to quickly learn technology such as Pardot.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive, complete or exclusive list of the duties of the position. Additional and different duties may be assigned from time to time. We are an E-Verify company.