Location: Olathe, Kansas
Can be filled as Engineer 1, Engineer 2, Engineer 3 or Sr Engineer based upon experience.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION
1. Under limited supervision performs moderately complex technical assignments involving but not limited to the following:
a. Construction of new and maintenance of existing pipeline systems including selection of materials development of procedures compliance with applicable codes and inspection of work in progress;
b. Evaluation of leakage survey effectiveness;
c. Design monitoring and analysis of pipeline system including regulation measurement curtailment and loss or gain of natural gas;
d. Compliance with Federal state and local rules and regulations;
e. Design of system mains regulator and meter settings and corrosion control protection.
2. Uses independent thinking to conduct field investigations involving public contact for acquiring right of way permits and route evaluation for gas main and other work.
3. Assists in the coordination of activities between Engineering and Operations to ensure the timely completion of projects.
4. Provides specialized reports and studies as required.
5. Nature of work requires increasing independence. Receives guidance on unusual or complex problems or issues.
6. Provides guidance and mentoring to Engineer 1.
7. Performs reviews of output and designs of Engineer 1 and Project Specialists. Provides guidance on decisions related to projects.
Educational/Experience Level:1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and two years professional experience in engineering.2. Engineer-In-Training registration with a state board preferred.3. Valid driver’s license.Communication Skills:Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or information on technical concepts to individuals with or without experience or knowledge of the technical area.Numeric Skills:Requires the ability to perform algebraic trigonometric and geometric operations and/or moderately complex statistical and/or accounting methods.Computer Skills:Requires advanced knowledge of various software applications to create complex documents reports and graphics.Work Conditions:Works in an office environment occasionally outdoors.Requires occasionally performing activities including but not limited to bending stooping grasping reaching twisting turning and/or lifting.Atmos Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity age national origin disability or veteran status.
Things the ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program and 4 years of professional experience in engineering
- Professional Engineering License
- Ability to present technical concepts to a nontechnical audience
- Excellent time management skills during fast-paced engineering projects