People at Atara are high integrity, collaborative, roll-up-your-sleeve types who are deeply committed to putting patients first and advancing medical care with demonstrated urgency. With many accomplished people at Atara, we share transparency, respect, accountability, integrity, and trust in our approach to advance our therapies. We each enjoy in the journey of advancing cutting edge programs, while responsibly teaching and learning together along the way.
The Atara team takes on meaningful challenges, so each day is an adventure. We work hard and have some fun along the way. Whether on a task or enjoying an easy-going social connection with your colleagues, you’ll be surrounded by others who share the same values and passion. You’re signing on to more than a company; being at Atara is a commitment to excellence and service to patients.
Location: South San Francisco, CA – with possibility for Flex Schedule (mix between on-site and remote)
The position will report to the Vice President of Commercial Planning in a remote capacity or at South San Francisco campus. Throughout the summer, the intern will take direct responsibility for mission-critical projects in several areas, which may include forecasting, competitive intelligence, market performance analysis, primary market research, and pipeline analysis. The candidate will be expected to come up to speed very quickly on the product for which he or she is responsible. At the end of the summer, the intern will deliver a final internship presentation to the commercial organization.
- Enrolled in a fully accredited graduate program (between 1st and 2nd year of their Master’s Program)
- 3.0 GPA and above.
- Must have the ability to get work authorization.
- An outstanding candidate will have relevant experience in pharmaceutical sales, market research, data analysis, strategic planning, healthcare consulting, clinical care, finance, or a related healthcare field.
- A passion for and an understanding of the oncology and biotechnology fields.
- Excellent academic credentials demonstrating consistent academic achievement.
- Career interest in healthcare and subjects such as strategy, market research, and finance.
- Excellent analytical skills and comfort with complex business problems.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills including confidence in crafting and delivering presentations to senior executives.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to relate to and communicate with clinicians and scientists as well as a comfort with clinical literature.
- Ability to operate professionally and competently in an entrepreneurial team environment.
- Experience in oncology or biotechnology preferred.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Self-motivated, flexible and creative, able to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Must be a self-starter, collaborates cross-functionally, and can work independently with minimal functional oversight.
- Able to take ownership of a given assignment, proactively consulting other team members and other department representatives for information or guidance, as necessary.
- Role model for Atara’s values of Transparency, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Trust.