Assurant Inc, a Fortune 500 company, is growing strong. As we prepare to meet increasing demands for our innovative products and services, we have an opportunity for a skilled, self-starter to join our Internal Audit Services (IAS) department as a part-time intern. IAS is an independent, objective group within the company that provides assurance and advisory assistance to company management. Additionally, IAS helps the company accomplish its objectives by providing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
What You Get to Do:
- Audit efficiency and effectiveness of business and Information technology (IT) operations
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations (i.e. Sarbanes – Oxley)
- Primarily work on Sarbanes – Oxley (SOX) audits which will provide insight into the internal workings of an IT organization including user access, change management, password security and several others
- Attend walkthrough meetings to assist with identifying and testing of key IT dependent SOX controls and IT General Controls (ITGCs)
- Document process and control workflows
- Design test procedures to determine the effectiveness of control activities
- Gather evidence for control testing
- Identify populations of control evidence
- Select samples for control testing
- Document test results within testing spreadsheets
- Identify and evaluating instances where control objectives are not being met
What You Need to Have:
- Be a Junior, Senior or Graduate student pursuing a degree in IT, Business, MIS, or Data Analytics
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong PC Skills (Excel, Word, Lucidchart)
- Availability to work ~30 hours/week on a standard Monday through Friday work week
Note: This is a remote position.
Benefits and Value Proposition:
- We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
- We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renter’s insurance; lender-placed homeowner’s insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. With approximately $42 billion in total assets and $8 billion in annualized revenue, Assurant is in 21 countries and operates across North America, Latin America, Europe and with an emerging footprint in Asia.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/