The Alzheimer’s Association Southeast Florida Chapter is seeking a current college student who is interested in serving as an intern and providing a wide range of database, administrative, event planning and some marketing support to the development team. In return, the Alzheimer’s Association will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy and day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization. The Development Department Intern will report to the Development Manager and will support the entire development team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assist with designing flyers, e-vites and other marketing material for our signature fundraising events.
· Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use.
· Assist with researching potential new teams.
· Assist with calls to potential, current and past participants.
· Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed.
· Exercise good judgment and confidentiality in dealing with volunteers, donors and staff.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Completed or working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Non-Profit Management, Business Management, Social Welfare, Marketing/Communications, or other relevant major).
· Must have strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Canva, etc.
· Interest in non-profit development with energy, creativity and excellent attention to detail.
· Self-motivated, good organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
The hours of this internship are flexible within business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm). A firm commitment of 10 to 20 hours per week is required. The internship will start at a mutually agreed upon date and may continue through the academic year depending on mutual interest and satisfactory performance. This is an un-paid internship. Intern will have to complete a background check.
While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned or requested depending on the intern’s course of study. This position is currently virtual due to COVID-19. To apply for this position, please submit a resume via e-mail to Emma Nestler at firstname.lastname@example.org.