Do you want to enhance your corporate finance experience with a cutting-edge technology company?
Are you looking to join a motivated, intellectually curious team of rotation program mentors and industry leaders?
Work with corporate finance leaders
Our FP&A teams collaborate to deliver accurate, efficient, and intelligent forecasting, reporting, and analytics to our business. With a thoughtful and rigorous approach to data, our finance team is a critical business partner for leadership and ensures Akamai’s steady development.
Join our top-rated intern & co-op programs
As a participant in our programs, you will gain valuable experience and make contributions through meaningful project work. You will have the opportunity to join us for trainings, networking events, and engagements with company leadership. Our 12-week intern program starts in May, and our 6-month co-op program starts in January or July.
Grow with our dedicated Financial Planning & Analysis Organization
Our Finance internship program prepares you to succeed in our 3-year Finance Development Program (AFDP) after graduation. Working closely with mentors, you will be exposed to business/product line finance, commercial finance, corporate financial planning and analysis, accounting, and financial systems.
As a Finance Intern, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc financial reporting and in-depth customer or product analysis
- Developing annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and outlooks, and resource planning analysis
- Identifying process improvement opportunities and gaining support to implement necessary improvements with the team
- Generating business presentations for senior Finance management, including a final showcase presentation
- Performing industry analyses to develop operational best practices and updating internal documentation
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be currently studying in a Bachelor’s degree program in a Business related field
- Be planning to graduate between December 2022 and July 2023
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have prior internship experience in financial analysis or a related area
- Have proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Be a self-starter, excited about working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, we’re curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you’ll thrive here.
Through our intern and co-op programs we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Financial benefits offered to interns and co-ops, including a 401k and health insurance, are offered through our managed service provider (MSP). Students also gain the following benefits directly from our programs:
- Career development trainings
- Visibility into senior leadership through Fireside Chats
- Networking and social events with an international intern cohort
- Final project showcase presented to the company
- Fun perks including Akamai branded merchandise
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to learn and make a real impact in a global technology company? Come join us and learn with a team of people who will energize and inspire you! By the end of your assignment, you will gain a network of encouraging colleagues ready to support you in your studies and beyond.