Aerospace Systems Engineer – Huntsville, AL
The Engineering team at AGI, an Ansys company, supports and benefits customers by using and integrating AGI’s software products, and by educating our customers in problem-solving best practices. A field Aerospace Systems Engineer (SE) becomes an expert in applying AGI’s software for addressing some of the most challenging aerospace and defense problems. The SE operates as part a dynamic team of engineers, software developers and business professionals who assist AGI customers in performing analyses, solving problems, and integrating and deploying custom software solutions.
Currently, AGI is searching for experienced candidates with a desire to make a meaningful contribution to the aerospace and defense community and who have the technical and interpersonal skills required to do so in our fast-paced work environment.
- Developing product expertise in the STK family of products
- Providing technical assistance, best-practice education and problem-solving support for a wide range of technically challenging aerospace and defense applications
- Working on-site with customers to implement software best practices and address real-world problems
- Presenting/documenting analysis results
- Programming user interfaces, automation scripts and integration code in support of customer applications
- Delivering product training
- Formulating strategies for technical solutions
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- BS in an engineering or scientific discipline, preferably with knowledge of astrospace and aerospace sciences
- 5+ years’ prior work experience in the aerospace industry is desirable
- Demonstrated ability in technical problem solving is mandatory
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Working knowledge or experience with STK and ODTK is desirable
- Scripting Experience in MATLAB, or other scripting languages
- Programming experience in C, C++, C#, or Java
- Capable of self-management and responsibly executing multiple tasks in accordance with priorities and deadlines
- TS/SCI Clearances
- US Citizenship required
AGI is a tight-knit dynamic and vibrant organization for which to work. We offer competitive compensation, incentive, and benefits package including 401(k) and health/dental/vision, along with an award-winning work environment. AGI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AGI, does not accept unsolicited employment agency / recruiter resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to our website, to our HR Department or to any AGI employee. AGI will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm without a signed fee agreement or to any firm who was not issued a search assignment from AGI’s HR Department. AGI will not be responsible for any agency fees.