Us: The professional home and leading national organization for health services researchers, policymakers, and health care practitioners and stakeholders. AcademyHealth – together with its members – increases the understanding of methods and data used in the field, enhances the professional skills of researchers and research users, and advocates for the use of evidence to improve health and health care for all. In 2020, we established three strategic priorities: science innovation; diversity, equity and inclusion, and health systems improvement, resilience and capacity.
You: An early career professional who is self-motivated, curious, highly organized, flexible, a strong writer, and eager to take on new challenges.
How you’ll contribute:
The Research Assistant will help to support multi-stakeholder learning communities dedicated to innovations in health care research and delivery, with particular emphasis on patient-centeredness, equity, and dissemination. Specifically, this role will support learning community membership, coordinate meetings and communications, conduct literature reviews and environmental scans, summarize findings in a variety of products (e.g., memos), and support programmatic efforts for AcademyHealth’s work related to health care delivery and patient-centered research, as well as additional AcademyHealth programs to advance the use of evidence-based research and promote health equity in health policy and practice.
- Contribute to research and implementation activities, such as environmental scans, literature reviews, semi-structured interviews, and technical support to learning community members.
- Assist in the synthesis of information and development of reports, issue briefs and other written products.
- Provide logistical support for collaborative working groups, workshops, conferences, and Web conferences, including preparation and dissemination of materials, note taking at meetings, and development of meeting summaries.
- Provide administrative support including, scheduling meetings and conference calls, helping invited speakers and experts with travel and logistics, creating, updating, and maintaining organized files and records, and other related tasks.
- Conduct other administrative and research activities in support of AcademyHealth projects.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with diverse and representative partners and stakeholders.
- Maintain and update project websites, online tools, and databases.
- Draft articles for online newsletters, blogs, and other Web content.
- Create and format tables, charts, presentations, and other graphics.
- Conduct agenda development, presenter coordination, and materials preparation for small and large meetings and briefings.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required.
- 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience preferably in a health care policy or research setting.
- Professional interest in health policy, public health, health equity, implementation science, or other health care issues.
- Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to inclusive working and/or learning environments.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage complex, multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision or direction.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Experience with balancing and supporting the administrative needs of multiple individuals.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in as needed do what it takes to provide high quality products and services.
- Mature, detail-oriented individual able to work both independently and in teams.
- Demonstrated experience using the Word suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What you should know:
- Due to the COVID-19 situation, this role will temporarily be performed remotely. The successful candidate will work from home until our physical office reopens. Once the office reopens, we will continue to offer flexible schedule and remote work options to employees.
- AcademyHealth requires all employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office, unless entitled to an accommodation.
- Applicants wishing to live in other geographies as their home base will be considered.
- We will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions.
- AcademyHealth offers a collegial work environment, countless professional development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.