Are you ready for this AMAZING opportunity? Let’s get to know each other! Mayo Clinic is developing talent pathway relationships with key universities including yours. We invite you to attend our Virtual Summer Academy Program. This program is designed for YOU, a rising college sophomore, junior, or senior! We invite you to learn about Mayo Clinic, interact with Mayo Clinic Leaders and start a talent relationship with Mayo Clinic. All majors are welcomed!
WHAT IS HAPPENING?
The Summer Academy Program is a 6-week interactive virtual program. Each week, you will attend a 1-hour virtual session with Mayo Clinic subject matter experts and leaders.
WHEN IS THIS HAPPENING?
The sessions will begin June 22 through August 3 and there is NO CHARGE. The sessions will take place on Wednesday evenings at 5:00 pm Central Time. Each session will introduce an exciting topic that will give you a better idea of who Mayo Clinic is, what amazing things we are doing, and how you can align your values, passions, and skills with our career opportunities.
The sessions will be:
1. Values and Professionalism as a Strategy: Mayo Clinic is known for how our staff lives our primary value “the needs of the patient come first” with a high level of professionalism that gives our patients comfort. Attend this session to learn about Mayo’s secret sauce that achieves the best patient outcomes
2. Diversity Science: explore diversity opportunities from a scientific perspective to intentionally create an inclusive environment. We will highlight Mayo Clinic’s initiatives, methodologies, and outcomes to provide a glimpse into the progress
3. Leadership at Mayo Clinic: in this session, we will discuss methods and resources students can employ toward their career trajectories. Additionally, we will discuss our experiences navigating Mayo while promoting self-preservation, maintaining cultural norms, and creating balance
4. Well-Being: you will discover how well-being is lived out at Mayo Clinic, learn about the evidence-based factors and drivers, and experience interventions used to support and enhance the well-being of staff and teams
5. Center for Regenerative Medicine: regenerative medicine is still a relatively new field of practice, representing a paradigm shift from the traditional medical focus of fighting disease to an emphasis on rebuilding health. The Center for Regenerative Medicine is leveraging its unique expertise, resources, and capabilities to create the world’s most advanced and innovative ecosystem from the development, manufacturing, and delivery of novel regenerative biotherapeutics
6. Center for Health Equity and Community Engagement Research: learn how Mayo Clinic brought together the coordination of health equity and community engagement in research across all Mayo Clinic locations. The Center has four core areas: Impact, Engagement and Partnership, Policy, Training and Education. You will learn about all four areas in this session
WHERE IS THIS HAPPENING?
The Summer Academy will be held virtually. You will receive a weekly Zoom link that will connect you to the 1-hour session. By attending all sessions, you will receive a Mayo Clinic certificate of completion to add to your portfolio. Does this opportunity sound great to you? If you are interested, please register by clicking the link below; there are limited slots so we may use a lottery for selection if oversubscribed.