As an international student, you may need assistance navigating, applying, or accepting CPT (Curricular Practical Training) and OPT (Optional Practical Training) for an internship or full-time job position. The Career and Professional Development Center works closely with the Office of International Education and Development by providing workshops and information sessions to assist with this process.
FAMU international students that apply for OPT or CPT must complete their Handshake profile as a part of the application process.
Steps for a verification letter from the CPD Center:
- Go to famu.joinhandshake.com
- Complete all sections of the student Handshake Profile (including uploading a current resume)
- Email email@example.com to request a letter that verifies your Handshake profile is complete and include your Rattler ID number
- The CPD Center will submit the verification letter to the Office of International Education and Development on official letterhead
Please note that you may complete the steps for the verification letter prior to accepting an internship or full-time position.
To say the least, the Trump administration didn't extend a warm welcome to international students at U.S. colleges and universities. Will the Biden administration be more welcoming? Will international students have a better chance of securing H-1B visas? Will they …
Follow these steps to request an appointment with a career specialist.
1. After you log in to Handshake, click on Career Center in the upper-right corner of your screen.
2. Click on Appointments from your Career Center’s page.
Check out the newest edition of the Rattler Career Guide
This guide includes useful information, tips, and examples to assist Rattlers with their career and professional development needs. Here are just a few of the items included in the guide:
Due to the rapidly evolving situation regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) the Career and Professional Development Center would like to share updates with you regarding the availability of CPDC services during this time. We understand the impact of COVID-19 may cause some …