The Career and Professional Development Center provides the Career Ready Guide, by CareerSpots to give rattlers a FREE Career Ready Certification. Sponsored by Capital One, the Career Ready Guide is an online interactive course that includes 8 chapters designed to help rattlers understand, assess, and develop career readiness competencies companies seek when they #HireARattler.
Each self-paced chapter takes less than 30 minutes to complete.
HOW TO ENROLL IN THE ONLINE CAREER READY GUIDE:
Create your account:
- Go to https://careerspots.digitalchalk.com/auth/login
- Click “Create Account”
- Fill in the information to register, using the ACCESS CODE: famus2021
*Please keep this information confidential.
CAREER READY GUIDE CHAPTER OVERVIEWS:
Are you Rattler Career Ready? Employers are looking for these skills…
- Career & Self-Development: Proactively develop oneself and one’s career through continual personal and professional learning, awareness of one’s strengths and weaknesses, navigation of career opportunities, and networking to build relationships within and without one’s organization.
- Communication: Clearly and effectively exchange information, ideas, facts, and perspectives with persons inside and outside of an organization.
- Critical Thinking: Identify and respond to needs based upon an understanding of situational context and logical analysis of relevant information.
- Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrate the awareness, attitude, knowledge, and skills required to equitably engage and include people from different local and global cultures. Engage in anti-racist practices that actively challenge the systems, structures, and policies of racism.
- Leadership: Recognize and capitalize on personal and team strengths to achieve organizational goals.
- Professionalism: Knowing work environments differ greatly, understanding and demonstrating effective work habits, and acting in the interest of the larger community and workplace.
- Teamwork: Build and maintain collaborative relationships to work effectively toward common goals, while appreciating diverse viewpoints and shared responsibilities.
- Technology: Understand and leverage technologies ethically to enhance efficiencies, complete tasks, and accomplish goals.
HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR CAREER READY GUIDE CERTIFICATE:
This certificate is a great item to list on your resume and LinkedIn profile!
When you complete the entire guide, you will automatically earn a certificate of completion from the Career Ready Guide website. You can view, download, and print the certificate from your account.